Friday, March 19, 2010

" Happiness is the feeling you're feeling when you want to keep feeling it. "

Today was a very good day here in Southern California.

People keep asking how things are going and I always respond with "good."  I say "good" because they are good...but also because I don't really know what else to say.  We're still settling in...we don't have jobs yet...so honestly, we're not doing a whole lot that would make things not be good.  But today...today was extra "good."  Today was downright "happy."

The day started with the Best Buy folks showing up at 7:50am to finish the install on our washer & dryer.  We were told 8-10am...they were here at 7:50.  Maybe it's just LA...maybe it's just Best Buy, but the delivery guys here are on point.  15 minutes later our washer & dryer were installed and running smoothly.  I'm so excited by this...Alex was all "eh....."



After that I got a call from this job recruiter aka headhunter who had been referred to me by my friend Liz and she said she received my resume and wanted to set up a meeting for Monday at 2:30pm.  So, this is good news because she's been successful in finding jobs for some of Liz's other friends.  I just need everyone reading this to send positive employment finding vibes my way on Monday.

Then I took the dog for a long walk because he was driving me crazy.  Earlier this week I discovered this little tunnel in the alley behind our building that goes under the freeway and into this quiet little neighborhood on the other side, so today I decided to take him for a nice walk through that neighborhood.  I saw the absolute coolest treehouse there.  I would have taken a picture but I had left my phone at home, but it was the coolest treehouse I've ever seen.  Tomorrow I'm going back and I'm taking a picture, which I will post afterwards.

THEN LeeAnne came over.  THEN Amanda came over.  THEN we all walked down the street to this little Greek deli that serves boarshead meat and we walked back to Amanda's apartment and had some lunch then walked home. 

So, pretty much today has been nothing unusually exciting, but one of those days that's just so pleasant that you want to live it over and over again.

P.S. The weather here is amazing right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment